Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
i got the dll fikes and copied them into diablo's root directory. I also replaced the d3dx9_43 or whatever its called in the system32 directory, just in case it got messed up. now, when i run diablo the whole screen goes black(like its trying to open in full screen) instead of windowed and still crashes, but this time the "diablo has stopped working" window appears. Ill try some different compatability settings and a few creating a few different batch files i have seen, to see if anything works in the mean time. Is there any way to get diablo to output an error file that would be useful? maybe ill try booting in safe mode?

EDIT: I just deleted all of m dirextx through regedit, and that seems to have done nothing... this seens like its going to be as big of a pain in the ass aswhen i was doing some vba work on my laptop(without a pause/break key and without a removeable battery...) and ran an infinite loop... none of the hotkeys worked, and the power button was unresponsive had to let the battery die...

in the registry editor, under directdraw, i saw diablo.exe listed, so i guess it knows it needs directdraw, maybe deleting all the directdraw files and starting that from scratch might help?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by nhyrum - 01-14-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM