Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
Unfortunately, if there is any executable code at either of the fault addresses this text file lists, I can only find essentially blank lines in memory. A pity, because if I could have seen exactly what Diablo is trying to do at that point in its code, it might have given us a big hint what's going wrong.

You say you ran a DirectX update and then it stopped working? Alright, I will upload a copy of both of my DLL files. Try them in your Diablo folder. It includes my copy of the DirectDraw wrapper that is 4kb different than yours (which it shouldn't be, so maybe you have a corrupt copy), and my D3DX9 dll, just in case yours got messed up somehow.

Try just the D3DX9 first with no ddraw.dll in the folder, then try with both. If there is anything wrong with your copies, it should work one or both ways.

My uploads are maxed here at the Lounge, so I had to upload it to MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qtc14f...loDLLs.zip

If that resolves the problem, I'd be curious which DLL file you were having problems with. If there is a bad version of that ddraw.dll wrapper floating around the web, links to it should be removed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Belix - 01-14-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM