Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
Is that so? Hmm...

Well I don't actually have a laptop with windows 8 on it anymore, since I installed Linux on it instead, and my desktop is still running Windows7. However, I have a couple of family members who have a Windows 8.1 computer, so with any luck I can get ahold of that and perhaps see what the problem is.
(03-11-2014, 06:11 AM)VD99 Wrote: I have been trying to get Hellfire working for the past few hours on my mac using these instructions... I get as far as the Hellfire installation screen coming up through PlayOnMac but the second I click the install button I get a program error pop-up that says "The program winevdm.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." I feel pretty ignorant right about now haha but the instructions seem so straight forward up to that point that I really don't understand why it won't work...

I'll get right on it to figure out whats going on. Hopefully within good time I can get back to you with some answers.

Until then, I *KNOW* that at least Diablo will work using the latest stable WINE version 1.6, and it also works with 1.4. The only problem is the main menu wont show on a Mac this way (I havent figured out why yet but I'm working on it), so you'll have to navigate the menu's manually by memory. But at least you'll be able to play. Perhaps give the HELLFIRE Installation another go while you're at it as well.

If thats a no go, then I'll have to see about reworking my guide for mac. It hasnt ben updated in a while anyways, and I believe a new OSX version came out since then.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Slayer_X64 - 04-12-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM