Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
ok, first it shows the short ''blizzard entertainment'' video, then the ''blizzard north'' video. then it kicks out to the desktop and the message reads: ''diablo has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience. if you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. please tell microsoft about the problem. etc... etc...'' you've likely seen this message before.
then the error report lists a cr#pload of numbers and stuff.
and it does the same thing when i start hellfire.
the game was already installed before with the cd i had and lost. i assumed that it would just work with a different cd. maybe i need to reinstall with this different cd?
looking at lenny's screen shot i think i see why it doesn't work. his monitors are on a brown desk facing toward a hallway. mine are on a white desk facing a wall. maybe that's the problem?
what patch # should i have installed? where do i look to see which patch # i have. where on this website do i find the patches.
thanks for all your help.

update:
well i just disabled the second monitor and now the game runs. maybe lennylen can tell us how ho got the game to run when
dual monitors are engaged. for now i''ll have to just turn the second monitor on and off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by gort615 - 09-01-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM