Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
(08-27-2013, 09:09 PM)gort615 Wrote: when the d2 battle chest came out, it had a d1 cd in it, was this cd made to run on windows xp ? because i used to play d1 on this computer, but i lost the cd, and i just bought another d1 cd but it says ''windows 95/NT & power macintosh'' on the cover. is this the same cd that came from the battle chest?
also, above slayer says ''A fix is rarely needed for XP, but if you are running XP 64-bit this might be needed.'' but i'm running 32-bit, so whats the solution ? i tried the fix that's given after that, and that didn't work.
then it says '' If this method fails, please see the methods below. Windows Vista/7'' is that suppose to work for xp 32-bit?
is it possible the problem is that i'm running 2 monitors, one off of an installed video card?
thanks for any help.
Diablo doesnt support double monitors at all, and afaik it will always crash under dual monitor set-ups. in order to get diablo1 to work you pretty much must have only 1 display going or it will not work.

and yes you are running the same CD that is found in the battlechest.

If you are running windows XP-32bit then you should have no compatibility issues at all. try disabling one of your displays and running the game, and tell me how that works. if it doesnt work after that, i am more than happy to help walk you through things - thats why this guide is here afterall.

the windows vista/7 compatibility fixes should not be required for windows XP 32bit at all. only for 64bit XP. 32bit XP is capable of running diablo natively with no issues.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Slayer_X64 - 08-28-2013, 03:31 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM