How are you guys becoming filthy rich?
(02-19-2011, 05:04 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I started playing again just before Cata launched, and rolled a Human Warrior on a fresh account and took up mining/herbalism. That made me the money I needed to get all the flight training I needed as I went along.

When I hit 85, I dropped herbalism for JC and started to make buckets of cash. Prospecting is almost a "Give me money" button now. I don't even have to cut gems.

When cata launched I had maybe 100g to my name. Now I have like 23k gold and I am earning about 2k-3k per day selling raw gems. I don't even have to play the AH much. I just prospect what I have and check the AH for cheap ores, then post everything.

Before a week and a half ago I never seriously tried to get gold. I would hoard all my mats for alts until the mats were lost in the mail. Except I still have a bank tab full of BC fish. That's the way it's been for the last six years.

Now I am selling Truegold and cut red gems, plus excess herbs and elementals. Selling raw gems did not do much for me, except on the matching day of the JC daily.

I have not been buying any mats so everything I sell is profit. Fortunately Tribade enjoys mining. And about an hour ago Elynittria made level 85 by herbing.

What I should do is investigate if there are any flasks/potions etc. that sell well. We have far too many herbs to auction. I would welcome suggestions for which flasks/potions would be good options.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by LavCat - 02-19-2011, 01:52 PM
RE: How are you guys becoming filthy rich? - by dotonir - 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
"How I Did It" -- Pyotr Bankensteen - by --Pete - 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM