Does anyone here still use my DSF Glossary website?
Just an update - just as I hit a really busy stretch, AT&T extended the deadline before the changeover from their old service to their new one by a couple of weeks (now supposedly March 31). I guess the transition to their new dial-up service (which looks to me just an administrative move & not any hardware upgrade/change) isn't going quite as quickly or smoothly as they had hoped.

However, of course, I didn't receive notification of the extension until the day after I had already changed over to the new service shortly before the old deadline, and I just found out that apparently my transferring to the new service caused my web space to get wiped. :o

I just tried to access the site to check on something & access is blocked. I guess that is somewhat logical, but it wasn't obvious to me, especially since I had paid for the old service to nearly the end of the month. I think I have saves of the latest versions of all the files, but I'm not positive, some tweaking might be needed after the move.

I think I will take LennyLen or Bolty up on their kind offer for hosting the files, but I haven't really had time to think about which yet. I guess the main page will have to be modified a bit, because some of the features on there were AT&T applets & I assume won't work after the move, but otherwise I will just copy the other files to the new host as they are & only mess with them if I need to to get the links working from page to page, etc.

<sigh> Isn't hindsight great, though? <_<

BTW, glad to hear from some users that the info is still useful. :)

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone here still use my DSF Glossary website? - by Dako-ta - 03-14-2010, 05:16 AM