Wishful Thinking
2.) Upgrade the pixel resolution to LoD standards. I've seen games, such as Ever Quest, Doom 1 and 2, Hero Quest, Diablo 2 to LoD upgrade not only the resolution, but have the video card make the lines disappear and the graphics smoother.

I actually love the Diablo graphics. Just considering the fact that they still look sharp based on today's standards, they were amazing when the game first came out. They also really add to the gothic feel of the game.

4.) An item selling/buying interface which displays the items Griswold is selling in a screen like your inventory, that way you can hover your mouse over the item and see its statistics and the type of weapon it is. Keep the "repair" and "repair all" functions of Diablo 2.

That would be quite a task. As Nystul said, I like it how it is much better than diablo 2. Not only can you read text must faster, but you also get a feel for different base items (dmg range, AC range, etc.) which I don't get get in diablo 2 (except for, sword, sword that does more damage, bow, cool looking armor, etc.) Also, if you just go to griswold and press enter on "Repair Item" and hold it, after a slight pause it will fly through the list and repair everything in a fraction of a second.

5.) Increase the level limit to 75 or 100

Take a look at how much experience your character has. Level 50 is 1.3 billion points. My lvl 40 sorc has but 200 Million or so. Even if the level limit was increased, I doubt many characters would even reach 51, let alone 75+. The only way this would be feasible would be to rework the exp gain. In the end this would result in a proportional scale, except instead of 1-50 it would be 1-75. In this case the game would have to be completely rebalanced considering how many times clvl shows up in character calculations.

Attika: When playing co-op, the players seek to kill the monsters in the game, and NOT each other. Yet the way Blizzard has the game presently presented, an unfriendly player can WITH ONE CLICK go "player hostile" and quickly "ruin" the game for the other players present. Not only that, there is NO WAY you as a co-op player can prevent this from happening. So, technically, Blizzard FORCES you to play with potential Pkers every game you player; Blizzard gives you NO OTHER RECOURSE in multiplayer public games.

I don't know where this fear of PKers comes from. I actually enjoy people who attempt to pk me. Most of them are so stupid and know nothing about the game it is almost an insult to be attacked by them. Ever have a warrior try to kill you with chain lightning? A sorcerer use gaurdian on you? A rogue try to use a staff of APOC on you? So very entertaining. The last PK attempt was on my sorcerer who joined the game "legit" which turned out to be a level 1 game. Some warrior was gone for 20 minutes obviously use a trainer. When he was finally done, he came down my tp full clad in GPoW and a king's sword of haste (most likely). Who would have thought a lvl 1 warrior with max strength with 200% to hit could only do 20 damage or so and have a bit more than a hard time hitting a clvl 40 tank mage? Soon he decided to run away, so I let loose a fireball or two to dent his 700 hp. Fireball number one hits: warrior goes into hit recovery. Needless to say he was dead very quickly. After he dies, he calls *me* the hacker, and leaves the game. If you find your foe is too powerful or uses God mode, simply run down to the next level after setting up a TP block. Then you even get to taunt them about how they can't kill you!

I know that Everquest has No-PK realms. Can Blizzard do this also? Disable the Player Attack mode there? Yes, it wouldn't be a total fix (friendly fire would still be anything but) but this would at least bring back SOME players to the multiplayer game. Would this mean increased revenues for Blizzard or no? Wouldn't this be a win-win scenario?

Hmm, this sounds like a "screw-the-warrior" realm. The only class who really needs the player attack option is the warrior because he relies on a melee weapon. Rogues have arrows and spells, and sorcerers have their magic as well. It would actually make it MORE convenient for PK's to target warriors because they would have really no way to fight back. It would work if any friendly damage was removed, but many people would be against this because it would lead to very sloppy co-op play. I understand where the desire is coming from. For now though, a quick TP block is a fun and effective way to deter PKers.

As for what I would like to fixed is just major bugs such as the MS bug and the duping bug. Also, I would like to see arrows become more effective. You are lucky to hit anything that is moving. The sole reason I don't play a bow rogue is because of this. Think about enemies like balrogs, drakes or even fallen ones. It can be hard to hit a simple zombie in the church with a bow. Sure, you can line up your shots in straigh paths, but c'mon!
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!

Messages In This Thread
Wishful Thinking - by Taem - 06-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Wishful Thinking - by Hammerskjold - 06-05-2003, 04:41 AM
Wishful Thinking - by Draconis - 06-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Wishful Thinking - by Puma - 06-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Wishful Thinking - by Nystul - 06-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Wishful Thinking - by Nystul - 06-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Wishful Thinking - by Attika - 06-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Wishful Thinking - by Hammerskjold - 06-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Wishful Thinking - by LemmingofGlory - 06-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Wishful Thinking - by Taem - 06-06-2003, 02:27 AM
Wishful Thinking - by Hammerskjold - 06-06-2003, 03:38 AM