Holy Shield of the Tiger
Quote:A couple of things. At level 20 or 21 (from level 16 on, in fact) you can also buy an emmy tiger. I bought a 48/9/48. I was level 19 when I found it, and I was also hoping for a holy tiger. I actually saw 1 on a base 10 shield. I didn't yet know that it wasn't possible to find the holy tower tiger at that level. Grrrr Bolty (I hope I'm not banned from this site now).

The best level to shop, is 21, not 20, as far as I understand. Let me elaborate. Here are the items you might want to shop for in that general level - let me know if I missed any.

Crimson/garnet shield of brilliance.
Massive Swiftness.
Obs mammoth.
Emmy tiger.
Holy tiger.

The hardest one is massive (qlevel 20) swiftness (qlevel 10). The reason being that you need to be able to get both qlevels at the same time. According to Jarulf Griz will sell you 2 items at clevel -1, to at clevel, 1 at clevel +1, and 1 at clevel + 2. You can buy a massive swiftness at qlevel 20 or 21, so at clevel 21 you have 4 slots to buy it in, which is better than any other clevel (if you are willing to settle for a brutal swiftness then you would do better at 19 where you could buy it in any of the 6 slots, and 2 of the slots could offer the massive swiftness as well).

Since brilliance is qlevel 11 you can buy it in any of the 6 slots at clevel 21, and garnet is qlevel 20 so at 21 you can buy it in all 6 slots, whereas at 20 only in 4 of them. At 22 you would only be able to buy brilliance in 5 of the 6 slots.

The other 3 items are from Wirt. When going from 20 to 21 you allow any qlevel 42 item to be sold, but since there aren't any you don't add any new possible items to Wirt's arsenal. On the other hand, you do rule out, in terms of items that can be prefixes or suffixes on shields, armor or helms: cobalt, crystal, garnet, deflection, and harmony. Admittedly, you might want an obsidian harmony, but you would do better shopping Griz for that anyway. In fact, your chance of finding an emmy tiger is pretty good (relatively :)), since there are now only 8 possible prefixes for shields and 2 suffixes that he can sell you - and, for the most part, you don't care about the base shield (or at least not so much, and anyway emmy tower tiger is beyond the price limit and he won't sell gothic till qlevel 23 when tiger is out).

Mhm if this is the case I should probably lvl my 20 mule to 21 then. Not that i shop much for items anymore, but I guess it would serve me better if I was to do so on a day with too much time on my hands.

Emerald Tiger tower btw, IS purchasable at Wirt, but the Emerald prefix I believe may go no higher then 44% on such a shield. I use an Emerald Tiger Tower 42%.50 life on my warrior, and I calculated that my shield would cost just a couple thousand gold under Wirt's price cap.....my shield however, was picked off Black Jade. I found another one recently (though a small shield version) off Red Vex, that my Arch mage is now using.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by weakwarrior - 02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by Nystul - 02-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by FireIceTalon - 02-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by weakwarrior - 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by FireIceTalon - 02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by weakwarrior - 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by the Langolier - 02-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by weakwarrior - 02-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by Nystul - 02-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by weakwarrior - 02-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Holy Shield of the Tiger - by Nystul - 02-19-2009, 07:18 PM