Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
Crystalion,Aug 21 2003, 06:33 PM Wrote:Partly because of a lack of technical documentation and partly because of the "lying character screenS" ™ there are quite a few neat features/quirks of the game that aren't obvious at a glance that "inquiring minds want to know".
I've been neglecting this thread I'm afraid. I now know quite a few v1.10 hiddens that I've not posted here (or, perhaps, anywhere). Here's a fun one...

Trivia question: why would a sane/sensible person choose a diadem to put their runeword into (e.g. Delirium)?

An assassin that uses warrior or master might. The reason is that (afaik) the master and warrior copy the base item type for their torso and head item. The ilvl of the item rolled (magic for warrior, magic or rare for master, depending on the master's slvl) will be fairly low, unless you have a really high level shadow.

But copying a diadem gives you a qlvl and magic_level that override that, for affix generation. That is, your shadow, however low level, gets headgear with potentially any available affix. Presumably she ignores the clvl req (e.g., iirc, at 64 you might equip a diadem, and the shadow might be getting +2 Assassin Skills, even though that is clvl req 67). Similarly, wearing a circlet, coronet or tiara when summoning probably helps.

Ironic, isn't it? I mean, after all that confusion that AS "started" by claiming that gambling could be improved if you were wearing a circlet type helm. :D

If I weren't so busy testing other things I'd make a high frequency proc affix with super high alvl and test this out for sure. Could be fun.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Crystalion - 01-18-2004, 10:21 AM