Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
In testing other things today I discovered something about a Barb hireling and was reminded of a couple of other things, all "hidden".

In v1.10s apparently Barb hirelings get two frame points at which they "hit" in an attack (I don't recall if the posters said this is only for normal attack, bash, stun, or some combo). This possibly brings them more in line with their act 2 competitor. Bash is going to have a better damage bonus than Jab, iirc. Certainly the PvP damage the Barb was doing against me (in the test) was more than double (in one bash/knockback hit seen) the maximum damage shown for the hireling (divided by 10 for PvP penalty).

The "discovery" (which is probably old news, but certainly "hidden") was that in removing the weapon (sword) from the Barb's hands he could barely hurt me (even though he listed ~150 damage). So I gave him a weenie scimitar and once again (listed damage ~170) he beat the cr*p out of me. My best guess is that the damage bonus shown on the hireling screen does *not* apply unless they have a weapon. This would be a hidden misfeature (or another case of the Lying Character Screen™).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Crystalion - 10-06-2003, 11:19 PM