Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
Thecla,Sep 12 2003, 08:20 AM Wrote:The timer on PMH is odder than what I said before.
Indeed, the whole regen/monster recreate/pause stuff is quite unintuitive. I was trying to do a (*quick*) test of using PMH vs. the SUs from Diablo's seals to verify for Walkiry that this works (Great Race thread) and I ran into more weirdness.

I was going in and wiping out everything except the Grand Vizier or De Seis, so I could toy with them. I did tests both while at Players 8 and 1, SP v1.10s normal. My glitch was that I wasn't *ever* seeing them regen to begin with.

So, as you no doubt imagine, I looked over all my equipment to make sure I had no poison/ow/pmh gear on, and then I started a new game, just to be sure I hadn't messed up or was hallucinating. (and to be wary of the v1.10 beta bugs with equiping/flagging item effects).

Same story.

So I tried beating them within a few pixels of death. I tried waiting. I tried TPing to town and back. etc. etc. No regen.

Hmpf.

Of course I'm lightly tapping them (hand slap or psychic hammer) to make sure their lying HP bar is updating (and also because of the effect we've noted about them not regenning until they are so touched). So this isn't the problem. Rack brains for new test...

So I TP out, and take a round the world waypoint excursion, return to act 4, and come back via portal... no regen.

Hmpf.

So I TP out, waypoint to cold plains, cast a TP (don't go through--I just wanted to cancel the act 4 one) and cruise around waking up monsters. Waypoint to act 4; wp to RoF, cruise back to De Seis...

Almost there I notice two interesting things:
1) there are still drops on the ground near him
2) his aura is now Holy Shock (had been Fanaticism)

Sure enough, he is still near death and not regenning... so I "tap" him, and PRESTO! he starts regen.

For completeness sake I wait a little and then Town Portal out. Come back: he doesn't appear to be regenning. Tap him--he starts regenning.

Excellent. So, finally, I touch him with PMH, which indeed works as expected.

I have, alas, spent so much time on this test up to this point that I'm not tempted to try and explore more characteristics of PMH duration/removal (some other time).

Odd indeed.

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Crystalion - 09-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM