Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
adamantine,Sep 11 2003, 01:56 AM Wrote:double throw has some insane ias built into it, is it capped at 7 fps as others though?

i don't get what you mean with dragon talon, it just has more kicks at higher level, not faster, right?
Can't answer the Double Throw question, even from memory of reading other folk's posts--sorry.

DT, like Zeal, Fury, etc. has a base frame minimum for the initial attack then a repeated set of frames for the add on attacks. I know DT can do 5 total kicks (initial plus 4 add on) from personal experience. I've seen it reported that it can keep going (one additional kick per six skill points). IIRC the initial frames can be gotten down to 7 or 8 frames and the add ons can be reduced from taking 4 frames per down to 2 frames minimum. So, you see, the more kicks you have the lower the average (and if 7/+2(n-1) were the formula, you'd get 10 kicks a second, if you could get the skill up that high and there isn't a cap before that). (edit: you'd need a skill level of 54 for that, which appears theoretically possible; there is no apparent cap in skills.txt either)

Presumably Fury and Zeal can't quite match this, being capped at what, 5 hits?

The new Jab supposedly does 3 hits now, so I imagine its hits/sec are potentially pretty good.

Whirlwind, assuming knockback/flee work well for it, might still be the champ for hits on a single target per unit of time, but I don't recall how badly it was nerfed (at one time it was definitely the champ). Nor do I know if it still helps (vs. a single target) to be slowed/chilled/decrepified.

In any event, CB is like Static Field: it works well with repeated application, until the high HP target is low enough on HPs that beating it up normally makes more sense. So knowing which special attacks in the game hit repeatedly at high speed is helpful. For example, my understanding is that act 2 hirelings are still pretty speedy.

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Crystalion - 09-11-2003, 02:36 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM