Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
Now you mention it, Crystalion, I also saw exactly what you described while testing PMH (see below).

I've tried out PMH on a number of occasions, including a lot of different tests on a willing PI moonlord boss in the crystalline passage, with the following conclusions:
  • there is no timer on PMH as far as I can tell (I've waited up to 10 minutes after tagging a monster with PMH without seeing regeneration begin again)
    <>
  • going to town and returning immediately dosn't reset PMH
    <>
  • going to town and waiting about 5 secs then returning does reset PMH (and I remember just what Crys described -- I didn't see the regeneration begin until after the monster was hit -- this was sp)
    <>
  • no difference between town portals and way points (I tried both repeatedly)<>
    [st]
    One thing I didn't test was to see if there's a distance beyond which monsters will reset PMH in the same way that going to town will reset it.

As far as Occhi's experience with the monster resetting it's life, I believe this is something else completely unconnected with PMH, but I don't know what causes it. I saw this already way back in the original D2 when I was using Izual to see if enhanced bow damage was bugged. Nearly always on going to town and returning, he would be at the same health you left him at, but on one occasion his health reset completely. This also happened to me in 1.10s the first time I went through Diablo on Hell difficulty -- I took a 20 minute break in the middle of the fight and when I went back he was at full health again. This doesn't usually happen, but I've never been able to reproduce the effect consistently.

I also tried open wounds recently, from a crafted belt, and was a little disappointed in it's effectiveness after all the great stuff I read about it. At least on bosses, like eldritch and shenk, the bleeding only lasts a few seconds and doesn't do much damage. OW seems like a useful supplement -- and it's nice that it can be triggered with bows -- but not much more than that. PMH on the other hand is invaluable, especially vs boss mobs -- since you now have to focus much more on monsters one on one, a lot of your damage is wasted to regeneration without it. I keep a harpoon of vileness on my weapons switch for just this purpose, and use it first thing in any long battle.

Crushing blow, as far as I can tell is still pretty worthless for ranged attacks, though I haven't tried to test it in detail.

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Thecla - 09-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM