Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
Occhidiangela,Sep 10 2003, 04:56 PM Wrote:I did not see the same thing.
Sorry, I was tired--I should have been more specific--allow me to try again...

I have seen an effect in v1.10s SP that I have seen before: an injured monster that shows the same level of injury after I town portal away and come back some time later (many tens of seconds). To be sure that this wasn't just a lying-character-screen™ issue I stood there and let the monster beat on me for a while (tens of seconds) and then tapped it (hurt it lightly). The cursored monster HPs bar then resumes climbing (showing regen) but does *not* jump (which happens in those cases when you aren't getting proper display update until you force a status change by whacking on something). This most recent example of the effect was in normal players 8 with one of Eldritch's minions at the Frigid Highlands waypoint. As my sorc had Frozen Armor up I was also able to observe that the freezing effect could "hit" the monster (no damage) without restarting the regen.

Since, in your test, you were using PMH, and don't specify if you were using OW or poison, and I can't tell if you used TP or waypoint *and* you were fighting a boss, and you were in hell diff, I'd have to say there are a rather large number of variables between our experiences.

Naturally this effect, assuming I'm not just deluded, needs further study.

edit: as an example of being tired and not recalling what occurred clearly: it is quite likely that I went to town via waypoint, not town portal...I know that I came back by the waypoint, certainly. The purpose of the expedition was: a) get my equipment deprived merc killed; b) confirmation testing on properties of Static Field and PMH (I did #a before the observation I share with you and #b after).

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Crystalion - 09-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM