Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
lemekim,Aug 25 2003, 06:33 AM Wrote:Another hidden feature is that while normally casting town portal from a book or a scroll requires the casting animation, if you cast it from belt, the portal open instantly without any animation. (true in 1.09 and and 1.1s)
Actually I suspect this changed a bit, iirc, at some point. Currently, v1.10s single player, I'm seeing casting (and therefore additional delay) only when I right mouse click for having selected Town Portal. The key shortcut (scroll in belt) as well as right clicking (no matter where the source) on a scroll or book doesn't show a cast animation. IIRC the only way to avoid the cast animation at one point, was by using the key shortcut in your belt.

I'm assuming it was well known in prior versions that putting a TP scroll in your belt and using the key shortcut for it before you even showed interface descending into Duriel's chamber was an excellent way to assure getting a portal up in spite of lag/death).

As for questions of what synergies work on (charged items, procs, IGs cast from, Shadows, Valks, Hirelings), I think more testing is needed, as there are a number of oddities and unanswered questions there. Should I ever test for some of those, I will, of course, report back.

edit: since I've already shown Shadow Master's synergizing off of your skill points (+#shots/3 Fire Blast to their cast of Death Sentry) and tested pvp synergy of Amazon Fire Arrow to Exploding Arrow granted by bow (Kuko/Raven Claw) I am inclined to believe (though I didn't test the "lying character screen" by pvp) the game indicating that *yes*, charges of level 1 enchant are being synergized by having skill points in warmth.

So the general answer is probably: synergies work. And the odd answer(s) for hirelings/summons/minions being synergized (i.e. by *whom*) will have to be tested individually, which is a fair amount of work.

(p.s.: I think a key question here would be--and I assume the answer is favorable--does the +chill adders to duration for Freezing Arrow freeze work for charges of FA (like it does for the native skill. If so, buying a bow with charges of FA when you have access to a lot of cold duration sources could be very worthwhile (v1.10) for certain nasty multiple boss pack situations)

edit #2: dumping points into exploding arrow (20) v1.10s didn't show any increase in damage as tested pvp with a fire Rogue (Fire Arrow synergy test); testing Shadow Warrior trying to synergize Fire Blast was a no go; however, like Death Sentry, Charged Bolt Sentry (cast by Shadow) # of shots was synergized by my points into Lightning Sentry. So my results are odd/mixed for the Shadows, but suggest the reasonable possibility that Hirelings, if synergized, probably self-synergize. Still more testing needed.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Crystalion - 08-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM