Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
Quote:Did I remember to mention that Shiver and Chill armors do *not* require the Sorc to be hit to trigger their (chill or ~ cold bolt) effect? This is "hidden" in that it isn't at all clear from the in-game or Arreat doc.

The same goes (or at least went in 1.09) for Bone Armor (you don't have to take damage for it to start depleting), and Energy Shield (Monsters can eat your mana without actually hitting you).

Quote:all the uninteruptable skills

* kick (for destroying stuff, maybe not assys?)
* fend (d/a/e interupts it)
* smite
* charge **
* concentrate (well, duh)
* frenzy

Some other attacks that were uninterruptible in 1.09 include Elemental Charges for Assassin (FoF, CoT, BoI, but not phoenix strike), and Jab seemed to be better at being "uninterruptible" then fend was. Whirlwind is still uninterruptible as well.

On a side note, Fend never worked properly against single attackers, and from my meager testing still does not. One required a decoy or Valkyrie in close proximity for it to work, otherwise just the normal attack animation was used. Would that be considered a bug or a hidden feature? Zeal, after all, does work against single attackers.

Quote:Somehow I'd failed to notice, that, like the old days pseudo-corpse explosion for Fire Golems (dying--used to be tempting to chain cast them for this), Assassin Shadows are doing an (Assassin-style, not Sorc) Nova on dying. It sure appears to do damage, albeit not a lot. I can't readily test pre v1.10s, so I don't know if I missed seeing this before or if it is a new feature.

I can confirm that this was a feature (hidden I suppose) in 1.09 as well. Even with the meager damage the shadow master explosion or Fire golem might create, one can still wonder if some of the new elemental damage enhancing items can increase the Fire or Lightning damage from these two.

Another hidden feature is that while normally casting town portal from a book or a scroll requires the casting animation, if you cast it from belt, the portal open instantly without any animation. (true in 1.09 and and 1.1s)

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by lemekim - 08-25-2003, 06:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM