Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features
Just noticed from Bradosol's the AB post and confirmed myself in v1.10s: Decoys (Amazon) are *solid*. That is, you can hem yourself in and be unable to get past them (dangerous at high levels when they last for a couple minutes). You can, however, unsummon them. Additionally they dissapate if you teleport (or die or town portal). They also look just like you, *including* (tested v1.10s single player) if you weapon switch. Clearly I need to test if they trigger procs and if this changes from *your* weapon switches (edit forthcoming).

edit: the AB valk/decoy post that I got some interesting info from (which I partially tested v1.10s) suggests that pumping Decoy, aside from its Valk synergy, is potentially a good idea. The Decoy slvl * 4 seems to be the decoy's resists (capped at 85) and the decoy life seems to start at half the caster's (slvl 1) and ramps up by 10% per slvl--depending on whether that 10% is applied to the inital Decoy base life or the caster's would make a big difference--resulting in multiples of the casters life for the decoy at high slvls.

Although the decoy looks like you it does *not* seem to benefit from attributes on your equipment like: can not be frozen, 10% chance to cast Nova when struck. Nor did it seem to benefit from drinking a antidote potion when it was poisoned. That is, despite appearances, it is not a perfect nor ongoing clone of you.

However, testing level 20 Poison Javalin against it seems to indicate that poison does not stop its regen, and that its regen rate is indeed huge. (The AB thread estimated complete regen heal in ~11 seconds).

Since many Amazons might consider maxing Decoy just for the new synergy to Valk life, it looks like Decoy's are a big win (apparently they also rate higher on the monsters' targeting "threat" list than anything else as well).

In my testing I did think I saw it animate an occassional mini-dodge vs. my melee attacks, but I really didn't test that new v1.10 aspect of the situation.

A friend has suggested that Decoy's might double benefit from Druid and Barb +life--once when created based relative to the caster's life, and again when the oak and war cry are cast on it. Testing this is awkward for just one person, as the cursored HPs of the Decoy always (deliberate lie) reflect that of its mistress, and I'd have to run a bunch of characters at once.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Crystalion - 08-24-2003, 02:59 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Roll call for "hidden" bonuses/features - by Guest - 09-21-2003, 02:57 PM