Dueling and other diferences abroad
It works a little bit different :D
We don't duel in public games, because there are very few of those now in Europe. We arrange duels on Diablo POL-1 channel [or sometimes on foreign channels]. Killing other players in public games is very rare incident lately - you simply got bored with that, because people who play in open games are usually [not always :D ] easy targets, who can't self-defend in legit ways :D They either exit games, or if they cheat, kill with AK or just by one hit :D

And duelling stuff... Huh, getting a good sword [Strange/Haste is the most popular due to our duelling system&rules] can take you lots of hours spend on Wirt-runs :D But actually there are some items which are harder to get - Gold/Heavens Rings, Awesome/Tiger or Lion Plate for a Warrior, and actually the most difficult item to get for a Sorceror is a shield [preferably Crimson/Garnet Shield of Brilliance with under 45 str req]. So, due to big rarity of these items, I have to say that, many Polish players use the same stuff.....
But from my point of view - as a dueler - items and then oirgin are not really important. I know it may sound unacceptable to you, but if both players have the same or similar config, the chances are more even, and the most important thing are their skills. So then the winner is a player, who simply plays better :D
It's kinda different if you play coops and you want to have fun from them. But when you play the game very long, reached high lvl and get bored of coops, [like most of Polish players who play D1 for some time], you want to duel at possibly high level. So it is important how good are your skills, not your equipment.
Proud Member and Councillor of Immortal Brotherhood Clan
"Noone will ever know our names..."

Messages In This Thread
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Daemon - 09-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Sr.Juez - 09-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Dueling and other diferences abroad - by Disaster(IB) - 09-14-2003, 05:12 PM