Random Partied Monsters
Greetings,

Here's a rather interesting screenshot, taken by a friend of mine during an outing with his wind druid "IHaveWind":

Rebels1
Rebels2
Rebels3

Notice the two partied skeleton archers.

My friend asked me to explain the shot; never having owned a tomb reaver I just assumed he'd put one on his merc and these skeletons were the result of "10% Reanimate As: Returned". (I've never seen 'returned' to know different - OOI how do they appear, similar to revives?) I've since been assured that the merc does not have this weapon. You'll also note, from one of the screenshots, that there are other players in the game. I wondered if maybe these players could have used tomb reaver (or another 'switch sides' skill), but I've been told the area of the game in question (Close to the frigid highlands wp) had been left untouched until my friend ventured there solo. As the default portrait display also shows partied comrades and, in this case, there are none, then even if another player had converted these minions they shouldn't be sharing the auras.

I've been told the monsters hung around in this state, firing at incoming monsters, for a good 5-10 minutes before my friend left the game. This has left me a bit confused, there may well be an obvious reason for this, but it's escaping me in my current state of mind :)

Naturally, without seeing the scenario first hand, there's an element of doubt here. However, I'm curious as to what might have caused these skeletons to switch sides, does anyone have any suggestions on/experiences of this?

Messages In This Thread
Random Partied Monsters - by 30ftSmurf - 03-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Random Partied Monsters - by adeyke - 03-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Random Partied Monsters - by Taem - 03-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Random Partied Monsters - by 30ftSmurf - 03-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Random Partied Monsters - by ynkesfan2003 - 03-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Random Partied Monsters - by Bob - 03-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Random Partied Monsters - by Obi2Kenobi - 03-30-2004, 11:24 PM