Two naked rogues get dotted!
Quote:Which came first: Garda(BAR) or your story at RBD?

This came first (and could probably stand a rewrite). Garda(BAR) was originally "Sheis(BAR)" (read as "She is" thus "She is barbarian").

Quote:What kind of a BAR is she? The blocklock you mentioned makes me think S/S with a bow for ranged attackers.

Rogue BARs were called FBARs (Female BARs). To be most BAR-like, the idea was to use a bow only when a regular BAR would. This was to differentiate FBAR from ARC. In practice, sometimes a bow allows the FBAR to be more useful as a co-op partner (e.g. if a tank already exists and easily out performs the FBAR). Personally speaking, weapon-switch is a big part of Garda's playstyle.

Quote:When I started Rhyanis I also didn't know which way I'd go - BAR or (vanilla short bow, scrolls & shrines). Eventually I succumbed to the charm of a blood fountain which pretty much took away the BAR option. You can't have barbarians drinking evil juju blood! At least now I don't have to walk everywhere and I can resurrect people I play with.

For convenience, Garda usually carries around a resurrect ("smelling herbs"), but she doesn't like accepting res. For smoother co-op I usually modify the BAR TP rule such that: if path to TP is clear, TP use is okay (time saver). However, TPs as an excape are a big no-no.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

Messages In This Thread
Two naked rogues get dotted! - by Yogi_Baar - 03-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Two naked rogues get dotted! - by degrak - 03-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Two naked rogues get dotted! - by LemmingofGlory - 03-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Two naked rogues get dotted! - by silented - 03-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Two naked rogues get dotted! - by Yogi_Baar - 03-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Two naked rogues get dotted! - by LemmingofGlory - 03-28-2004, 05:54 PM