Ongoing - Estimations of class function and power?
Hi all,

So have any balancing changes been made in the classes yet? I was trying to get a general feel for how the characters function. From what I’ve seen so far on multiple sites, it appears that all of the classes are roughly equal, but their tactics and strengths differ, and some are better in groups, while others excel when soloing. It looks like the one class really lagging behind is the Mage, especially solo (sorry Bolty).

Can anyone add to my estimations below, or correct them? Please keep in mind that I don’t have the privilege of playing. I’m just trying to get a feel for what the classes are like so far, and what direction they may be heading in. Thanks!
;)

Druid
(not enough information)

Hunter
(not enough information)

Mage
Group prospects: Good-Excellent. Powerful, provided the relevant allies keep aggro on themselves.
Solo prospects: Poor-Average. Glass cannon. (Are major spell lines still missing due to revision?)

Paladin
Group prospects: Good. Not as skilled at maintaining aggro as a Warrior is.
Solo prospects: Excellent.

Priest
Group prospects: Good. Always popular, but requires tanks to reach maximum effectiveness.
Solo prospects: Good, but defensive.

Rogue
Group prospects: Good. Need more info!
Solo prospects: Good.

Shaman
(not enough information)

Warlock
Group prospects: Good, but reduced if there is another aggressive Warlock in the party.
Solo prospects: Good, but pet management can be labor-intensive.
(This is derived from old information)

Warrior
Group prospects: Good-Excellent, depending on healers and support.
Solo prospects: Good. Powerful, but lots of downtime for nonmagical healing.

Messages In This Thread
Ongoing - Estimations of class function and power? - by Cryptic - 04-02-2004, 09:51 PM