Stickies Links Page Help
I sent Bolty a PM about 1.5 weeks ago asking if I could create a "links" page stickied in these forums which basically linked to lots of useful information all over the net for Diablo, however initially he pointed me to our Community page and asked if that wasn't enough. I convinced him most lurkers went directly to the forums and that a stickies page with all the most useful information would be best for everyone. However his suggestion about the community page got be thinking how I've never really checked it out before, so I started reading over the community pages and checking out their websites. Right away, I began feeling overwhelmed at the scope of this project, because I did not realize exactly how much useful information there was out there, not when I was so wrapped up in my own little world. Sure, I have my own useful site I visit, but this does not even touch the scope of what is out there, and all the information buried in the lounge itself... how do I find and organize all this useful information into something that makes sense with links? My initial thought was for more of a webpage style interface where you can click on a topic, it takes you to a section with other refined topics, and after choosing one of those, you can find a bunch of links to what your looking for. Here is an example of what I had been working on:

Quote::STICKY: (Links page. No comments allowed!)

!IMPORTANT! The community here at the Lurker Lounge is a LEGIT-ONLY community, and does not allow any cheating, hacking, or game exploits to be discussed for use in an exploitative way. Offering links to hacks or material objectionable to the Lurker Lounge philosophy is prohibited and will result in your banning.

::TOP-TIER::
Legit-Community
Strategy + Guides
Calculators
Information
Download-Links
Trading Sites
Single-Player/Testing Resources

::SECOND-TIER::
Legit-Community:
The Amazon Basin ::THESE ARE DIRECT LINKS::
Diabloii.net

Strategy + Guides:
Amazons ::THE FOLLOWING LEAD TO 3RD-TIERS::
Assassins
Barbarians
Etc...
Diablo Clone ::NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE LEGIT GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCES, NOT EXPLOITS::
Uber Tristram
Uber Leveling

Calculators:
Skill Planner (D2ITEMS) ::THE FOLLOWING ARE DIRECT LINKS::
Skill Planner (GERMAN WEBSITE)
Weapon Speed
Block Calculator
Etc...

Information:
Sites ::LEADS TO 3RD TIER WITH:Diablowiki,Arreat Summit,Frozen Keep (technical),Etc.::
Magic Find
Gambling

Skills ::THE FOLLOWING LEAD TO 3RD-TIERS - THIS INFO FROM THE LL AND ALL OVER THE NET!::
(i.e. the unlisted info such as how telekinesis works as a synergy)

List of battle.net commands, ::DIRECT LINK TO ANOTHER STICKY?::
in-game tricks (i.e. /nopickup),
and window tricks (i.e. -skiptobnet)

Download-Links:
Rune Word chart ::THESE ARE DIRECT LINKS::
Craft chart
Hireling Info.
Summons Damage Info.
Etc…

Trading Sites:
JSP (forum gold) ::THESE ARE DIRECT LINKS::
Diabloii.net

Single-Player/Testing Resources:
Frozen Keep (Information) ::THESE ARE DIRECT LINKS::
Atmas
Hero Editor
Item Database

Any comments would be much appreciated. The more input you guys give me, the better this stickied links page will become!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by --Pete - 04-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 04-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by --Pete - 04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 04-18-2009, 03:18 AM
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 08-25-2009, 11:10 PM