GodlyPlate
Quote:Help me in my doubts on the controversy Godly Plate of the Whale. 

There haven't been any doubts or controversy on this question for a long, long time.

Quote:- Does GPW exist or not? (can it be bought in the game)

Well, it clearly does exist, and the game recognizes it as a possible item. However, it cannot be bought or found in the game. The only way to create a GPOW is to use an external program and import it into the game i.e. cheat.

Quote:- If she doesn't exist in the game, like her it did appear?

The origin of the first GPOWs in Diablo is an interesting historical question, to which I don't know the answer. My guess (and I may well be completely wrong) is that soon after Diablo came out, Enigma wrote a trainer to back up multi-player character data. He did this by copying the character data in the RAM and, unlike the character files stored on the disk, this was not encrypted and the seeds for the character's items were clearly visible hex-strings. People then hex-edited the item strings in the Enigma-trainer backup files until they produced a GPOW, and once they did this it could be duped ad nauseam.

Quote:- Why her item hack is considered by the scan? 

Well, not that scanners are to be trusted (get rid of it!), I hope it's pretty obvious that any item which the game cannot legitimately generate is a hack.

Messages In This Thread
GodlyPlate - by DragOoN69 - 05-29-2004, 06:52 AM
GodlyPlate - by Urza-DSF - 05-29-2004, 07:22 AM
GodlyPlate - by Thecla - 05-29-2004, 07:36 AM