Newbie questions
It's nice to see someone else who appreciates that bows aren't just for Rogues and Amazons! :D

While I usually don't use one in Diablo 2. I do keep the Archer Mercenary from the very begginning PERMENANTLY throughout the game to compensate for my Paladins allmost total lack of Distance spells.

But, in D1 where storage space is not an issue! B) I take full advantage of it.

A few of my strategies for it (Let me know if you find them useful) ;)

While everyone takes it for granted to kill baddies on the other side of fences that they can't open. There are some grand oppurtunitties like the Butcher who also can't. But, most find it almost impossible to get through the door in time to close it on him.

This is why you ALLWAYS have a minimum of L1 Teleport spell. Have the door shut BEFOREHAND and your Teleport allready on . Then as you reach the fence. Just Teleport over and enjoy making a Pincushion out of the Butcher and anyone else who can't open doors!

#2 Allways save any Bow with heavy duty MAGIC RESISTANCE or Resist ALL. These are great for dealing with the Advocates and the Sucubus Hussies who are a pain in the arse to chase! Combined with a few Resistance jewels. You can take a few hits in exchange for being able to just shoot them rather than chase them all night.

That or use the Teleport to jump in front of them.

Notes: there are numerous levels with open spaces that are maze like. Where many of your monsters will come to the nearest spot towards you. Even though they can't cross things like the lava flow to get at you. Use these to set them up and then use your bow for some easy kills!

Likewise. You can do the same with open fences. Move to the end away for the open gate. And most demons are to stupid to walk down and around to get at you. The Butcher is one of them.

Sometimes you'll get lucky and the herd of Demon Spit dogs(I hate them guys) will stay in one spot and just keep shooting acid as long as you don't come to close. ALLWAYS remember when you find the perfect spt just outside of thier range to hold the SHIFT button down so when the one your cursors locked on dies you don't accidentally run forward.

I haven't been able to test it in D1 yet. But, in D2 I've found that while I don't personally like KNOCKBACK in swords for my warrior. It's the perfect bonus for Bow use where added distance is desired. Jim

Messages In This Thread
Newbie questions - by Little Faith - 06-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Newbie questions - by dotPlaid - 06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Newbie questions - by Bob - 06-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Newbie questions - by Little Faith - 06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Newbie questions - by Moldran - 06-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Newbie questions - by aaa - 06-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Newbie questions - by Urza-DSF - 06-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Newbie questions - by JimBrownTx - 06-09-2004, 10:20 AM