Having trouble as sorc
I just recently got the game and I just beat it as a warrior and am now playing as a Sorceror and i'm having loads of trouble with fire resistant and immune enemies.

The trouble first started with the Butcher. I opened his door and, stupidly, saved the game. Nearly 30 minutes more mana pots than I can count later I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to beat him. I had worked out a method where I would run, shoot a fireball, prey that his attack missed, and run again to repeat the cycle, occationally healing insted of the fireball. I also tried it with charged bolt but that was even worse. So I made a new game with my character and everything was fine until I got to the skeleton king who killed me even more easily than the butcher. So I skipped him, saying I'd come back when I was stronger, and went on until I came to a unique Shadow Beast named Pulsecrawler. I tried equiping a club and sheild and put heal on right click and attacked him and healed myself through 16 mana pots (two full belts) to no avail. I eventually just gave up, went up one dungeon level, and saved.

I am right now a level 10 sorceror with 50 some magic and around 25-30 in all the other stats.

I know that I am probably making some dumb noob mistake. Any advise that anyone could give would be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Having trouble as sorc - by Cojas - 07-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Having trouble as sorc - by dotPlaid - 07-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Having trouble as sorc - by Urza-DSF - 07-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Having trouble as sorc - by Nystul - 07-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Having trouble as sorc - by Cojas - 07-06-2004, 04:11 PM