Forum Skin Status
Skinning Invision Boards is NOT a simple process. In version 1.1, it took a number of hours to do, and from what I saw, it's quite the same in 2.0. This is because you have to set up *every* last thing. It's great for customibility, but the cost is the effort required.

The reason we're looking at this...BLUE...is because on upgrading to 2.0, the old skin (based on the 1.1 forum design) was basically thrashing the forum. The skin featured heavy customization that removed all post count information from the forum, along with css changes, image swaps, the works. In 2.0, it was causing errors - links were missing, drop down boxes were empty, etc.

I will re-make the skins in 2.0 format, but these will not be installed until later this week (perhaps this weekend). Until then, please make do with this bluish one that fits the theme of the site about as much as that glove REALLY fit O.J. Simpson. I just want to qualm any fears that this skin might be a permanent one. It's not.

Between you and me, the Lo-Fi Version beats any skin job anyhow - for browsing, at least. :)

When I get the skin(s) in, please make comments or suggestions here. Also, if there's something cool you see in an IPB skin from another forum (huge flashing .gif pictures notwithstanding) and you'd like me to take a look at it for an idea here, feel free to point it out! Those of you who are familiar with past site jobs know that I thoroughly enjoy ugly color combinations.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Forum Skin Status - by Bolty - 09-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Forum Skin Status - by Nicodemus Phaulkon - 09-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Forum Skin Status - by [wcip]Angel - 09-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Forum Skin Status - by --Pete - 09-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Forum Skin Status - by Obi2Kenobi - 09-29-2004, 05:24 AM
Forum Skin Status - by [wcip]Angel - 09-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Forum Skin Status - by Bolty - 09-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Forum Skin Status - by --Pete - 09-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Forum Skin Status - by Bolty - 10-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Forum Skin Status - by LavCat - 10-04-2004, 01:59 AM