Blood Knight AI
Part 3:

In hell there are no doors so you need to be a bit more creative. The reason you need a door is because it is a way to force all enemies onto a single tile. You can create a virtual door by casting a firewall since that itself forces them to one tile. In the image below I will cast a firewall on the gold in front of me, then take 3 steps down (along the axis of the firewall) and cast a second firewall on the gold there.

[Image: 2fwsetup.jpg]

The bloodknights are then trapped as seen below.

[Image: 2fwwithmonstersstuck.jpg]

Since there are so many of them I stack 2 firewalls behind the two shown above for quicker cooking.

[Image: 4fwwithmonstersstuck.jpg]

In fact, you can park diablo using these 2 offset fws. All you need to do is to find a choke point. With my lvl 49 mage with lvl 18 fw, 2 firewalls is sufficient to kill diablo on hell diff. With my lvl 47 rogue with lvl 15 fw the fw drops before he dies, so I need to reset the fws. But with only 4 firewalls he drops just fine. And remember, diablo will stay in the fw even if you hide behind a wall to avoid the apoc blasts.

In cave-in-IM parking diablo is a real pain. Your low lvl fw will not kill him, but what you can do is have one character lead diablo past a choke point and then have a second one use the double firewall to block the way out. The person who led diablo now runs through the 2 fws and you have until the fw drops to create enough distance that diablo can't follow you before becoming inactive again. Then you can clear the 4th cage in peace.

Some final thoughts.
In the case of lightening demons their lightening will open up the firewall, so the 2x firewall won't work, but one firewall+gate will, since as long as you don't stand near the gate their lightening will never open the tiles near the gate, so they can't pass.

Remeber, fire-immune monsters walk right through.

In IM it may help to have a choke point setup with the gold preset for the ability to quickly setup a virtual wall when the going gets rough.

In a real pinch you don't need a choke point. You can use 3 firewalls to cover a huge distance as long as the entrance tiles are not adjacent to an open tile.

If you don´t have enough mana to cast more than 2 fw´s (IM games) and are worried that your firewalls will fall before you have killed everything off, you can shoot one arrow at a time, thus letting enemies across slowly and then kill them off.

To quote Gandolf "You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass." Of course he was speaking to a balrog which could pass through these firewalls, but you get the idea.

Messages In This Thread
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Blood Knight AI - by Zenda - 05-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Blood Knight AI - by FireIceTalon - 05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Blood Knight AI - by Zenda - 05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Blood Knight AI - by the Langolier - 05-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Blood Knight AI - by Galbraith - 05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-30-2009, 02:01 PM