Bow of the Dead in Norm/Hell
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 19 Wrote:I remember reading somewhere you couldn't because it was replaced by EagleHorn but I when I did a Laz run today I found one :/[right][snapback]71246[/snapback][/right]

You're probably thinking of the Deadly Hunter, which is a unique composite bow like the Bow of the Dead.

On normal difficulty, any monster that is high enough level to drop an item with the base-type of a composite bow (qlvl=7) is high enough level to drop a Bow of the Dead (qlvl=5), so it will drop that instead of a Deadly Hunter (qlvl=3).

On nightmare and hell difficulty, where monsters receive a bonus for the base-type of the items they drop, there is a narrow range of monsters in the early Church levels that can drop composite bow base types and a Deadly Hunter, but are too low lvl to drop a Bow of the Dead.

Confusingly, I believe the Deadly Hunter, the Bow of the Dead, and Eaglehorn all have the same graphic, even though Eaglehorn is a long battle bow and has nothing to do with the other two.

Messages In This Thread
Bow of the Dead in Norm/Hell - by Nystul - 03-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Bow of the Dead in Norm/Hell - by Occhidiangela - 03-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Bow of the Dead in Norm/Hell - by Thecla - 03-20-2005, 10:11 PM