Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult.
Stop. You're suffering a terrible disease: pickupitis! The only cure for this is some good solo time or some time with a permanent group of trusted friends.

Personally, I'm a Warrior player, but I did play a healer back in Final Fantasy 11, which had infinitely more party neurosis than WoW will ever have simply from the fact the entire game had to be partied. As a WHM, I was THE thing to invite... but the 50%+ bad groups you get from playing pickup in a good environment for it just turns you off. I quit the game because it's simply too unreliable to play any game that requires a functioning group with an ever-shifting roster of strangers, ignorant and willing to learn at best, and horribly misinformed and arrogant at worst.

In WoW, I play a Warrior. Sure, we're a lot more common than priests, but that doesn't really mean the good ones are. Same goes for good priests. I've run into a few priests that thought they were damage casters: sure, they deal fine damage, and so do Warriors, but that's not what a group wants when they think of a Warrior, and it's not what they want when they think of a priest.

For a cure to what ails you, find a Warrior in your guild you can party with a lot that's willing to at least talk to you. I'm lucky, as the friend of mine that plays priest is someone I've known for 12 years. Learn to not panic when you get hate, and when he pulls, and he'll learn to watch for your fade, and what he can pull when you have X mana. Trust is the most important part of a party, and a permanent pairing with a Warrior can trust helps the party immeasurably, as you become used to each other's playstyle.

---

That was long. Summary? Pickup sucks. Get a permanent duo going if at all possible, or at least a friends list of safe tanks.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon

Messages In This Thread
Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult. - by Thawwing Light - 05-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult. - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 05:27 PM