Lifestealing...
Mirajj,May 10 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:The quandry is this. As a Hunter, I don't 'go to blades' very often. Usually when I do, it either means that I'm having some 'fun' working over a lower level monster, about to put the finishing touches on a tougher one that's gotten through my cat, or am seriously in trouble.
[right][snapback]76917[/snapback][/right]

The mats for +5 to 1h, the highest enchant of that type, are 2 large brilliant shards and 10 greater eternal essence. Not hard to secure after a few endgame runs.

That said, you won't be going melee much in what I call the "early endgame"; 5-mans and raids through Stratholme, Scholomance, and Blackrock Spire (both levels), and 5-mans through Dire Maul. The vast majority of hunters I've seen are almost solely ranged in these situations, as they are generally in many instances even from the beginning of the game.

In the "late endgame", that being Onyxia and Molten Core, a hunter going melee generally means that the party's going to wipe. These challenges need every party member functioning at full effectiveness, and a hunter in melee is far from fully effective.

Consequently, I've seen a lot of level 60 hunters focus exclusively on statistic bonuses for their melee weapon(s). The crit increase on Dawn's Edge is obviously very useful, but I've seen hunters going around with dual green "Monkey" items as well. One of the more intriguing things I saw was a hunter going around with a staff of the Monkey, rating a +17 bonus to both Agi and Stam, with the +9 intellect to two-handed weapons enchant on it. Certainly, +9 intellect has much to recommend it as an enchantment useful for hunters, especially if you aren't actually going to hit anything with your melee weapon. Some choose to use Stoneraven with that enchant as well.

Messages In This Thread
Lifestealing... - by Mirajj - 05-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Lifestealing... - by Artega - 05-11-2005, 03:42 AM
Lifestealing... - by Mirajj - 05-11-2005, 05:08 AM
Lifestealing... - by Quark - 05-11-2005, 05:08 AM
Lifestealing... - by Skandranon - 05-11-2005, 05:31 AM