warrior + rogue mortal cave-in
Quote:Just a question : why didn't you guys decide to continue in nightmare?
2 reasons: 1) RustRogue didn't want to and 2) I didn't want to:). As to the reasoning behind 1 I don't know. Personally though, I like attainable goals, and with the items we had a NM clear was out of the question - low resists and low cth, so continuing would have been more of a how far can we go and not can we clear. To me that's not so enjoyable. Moreover, if we would have planned on doing a NM clear we would have had to play regular difficulty in a different way - carrying fewer pots and more items (maybe even more gold) on the off chance they would be worth the free town ID. Since we had agreed beforehand to stop after regular difficulty we didn't do this (this is a somewhat circular argument, but the point is you need to actively plan on a continuation and for all the previous reasons I didn't really want to do that. However, since we didn't plan on the continuation a casual continuation would have been more difficult). Also, since most of the time NM (and especially Hell) difficulty clears will be out of the question, even if you happen to have found the items which make it possible, a NM victory is still largely item luck. This means to get a NM victory, among other things, you need to play lots and lots of IM games so that you get the drops to be just so. For repetitive boredom I am lupping characters to clvl 50:). In regular difficulty it is possible that a certain setup (trap at stairs or some such) will be impossible to beat, but that's the exception not the rule. Most of the times I've died in IM games I know of specific mistakes which were the cause. In addition, in Roede and Taoni's clear of NM (where they died on hell difficulty) Taoni says that some levels needed almost 6 hours per level. I don't have that type of consecutive time chunks. Finally, the rules on NM continuations aren't so clear (the tournament rules are clear but there doesn't seem to be a generally accepted way). I therefore find it easier thinking of IM as ending on regular difficulty.

Messages In This Thread
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by weakwarrior - 07-26-2009, 08:01 PM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by Gillias - 07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by weakwarrior - 07-30-2009, 02:28 PM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by Rudra - 08-01-2009, 01:34 PM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by weakwarrior - 08-02-2009, 05:53 AM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by Rudra - 08-02-2009, 11:33 AM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by weakwarrior - 08-03-2009, 09:56 AM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by FunFun - 10-14-2009, 01:19 AM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by --Pete - 10-14-2009, 02:08 AM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by Bun-Bun - 10-14-2009, 11:56 PM
warrior + rogue mortal cave-in - by Nystul - 10-15-2009, 12:17 AM