Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again...
I do wear my DI stuff that I have against her but I only have the helm, chest, and shoulders. I also wear the flamewalker legs and the Onyxia scale cloak witha +5 all resist enchant on it (or maybe that one is +7 FR) but still I can't get that high. :) Legs and helm have an FR libram on them as well.

But as you showed and as I mentioned the overall damage is still more physical than it is fire in that fight. Her breath attack is also very obvious and I know when I'm healing in there as a druid or paladin (I doin't have a 60 priest) that is very easy for me to time it so that I land my biggest heal right after the breath hits. So yeah, FR smooths out the spikes but the spikes aren't that big when you are looking at a 6.5 to 7K life pool you can still take 2 of them without a heal and still give the healers time to hit you.

It's not like I take off all my FR gear but I do still try to balance out HP and FR when I'm tanking her.

I don't have my numbers recorded (I usually just wipe them after looking at them instead of saving them) but they are pretty similar to what you showed.

Again it's not that I don't want the higher FR but when you're over 8K armor buffed and still holding 350 defense with that 150 unbuffed FR, well it's not so bad, that is still 210+ buffed FR. Getting to the 260 or so buffed FR at the cost of 400+ life, 800 or so armor and 30 or so def (which is 1.2% block, dodge and parry or 2.4% physical damage avoidance with some extra mitigation and a better chance to avoid crits). 50 FR just isn't worth it. Not when a smart healer can watch her, start the greater heal or top rank healing touch, and have it land within 1 second of you taking the breath damage. Even in phase three I've not had issues timing my heals after a fear. The bigger danger is getting a physical crit right after her breathing on you since she doesn't breath that fast.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again... - by savaughn - 10-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again... - by Kevin - 10-17-2005, 03:05 AM