Green Dragons
So far I've faced 3 of the new raid dragons. Ysondre proved to be the easiest by far, killed on the second pull. Emeriss and Lethon, on the other hand... ouch.

Ysondre? No problem. Pull him down, situate the raid like Onyxia with half on each side, staying away from the head and tail. With all the green dragons, you need to keep that breath away from the raid or you're going to hurt for it. It does nature damage over time and adds 10 seconds to the cooldowns of all abilities. At 75/50/25% he calls Demented Druids which start Moonfire-spamming the raid. They go down quickly, though, and before you know it you're back to slaying the dragon.

Taerar seems like it's not that tough a fight once you get people organized. He splits into multiple shades at 75/50/25% which have to be burned down quickly. He's phased out while they're around for about a minute and a half, after which he's attackable again (a la Ragnaros & his Sons). If you don't kill them in time, Emeriss is back regardless. If you kill them all off, it pops him immediately. Seems to be a question of organizing tanks and making sure everyone knows where to focus fire.

Lethon... *shudders* He constantly throws out shadowbolt volleys like Kazzak, so it's one case where high shadow resistance can make a big difference. But his special ability at 75/50/25% is what makes him rough. He calls shades forth from each and every player in the area. I'd estimate it as about a 50-yard range. All players are stunned as a shade version of them begins a walk towards Lethon. The stun lasts a few seconds, after which you MUST destroy all those shades. Every one of them that reaches Lethon heals him for 1% of his life. He can easily himself to full this way. I'm not sure if this is something that can be resisted.

Any insight into these last two, or the fourth dragon? I'd like to know how other Lurkers are tackling them.

(Edit: For some reason was typing Emeriss while thinking of Taerar. Thanks for pointing that out, guys)
See you in Town,
-Z

Messages In This Thread
Green Dragons - by Zarathustra - 11-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Green Dragons - by Arethor - 11-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Green Dragons - by Skandranon - 11-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Green Dragons - by Arethor - 11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Green Dragons - by Zarathustra - 11-10-2005, 06:34 PM