quick question: elemental damage (bug)
Hi,

I've just a quick question:

How does elemental damage work? I know that there was some sort of bug around. We're talking of vanilla Diablo 1.09 here.
The reason I'm asking this is that if it really and legitly so deals a lot of damage (to non-elemental immunes at least), I'm considering a weapon change. Midora-Lherok's (clvl 42) stats are:

(dam equipment)
Str: 124
Mag: 139
Dex: 319
Vit: 168
AC: 256
CTH: 209%
Dam: 95-122
ResM: 0%
ResF: 35%
ResL: 0%
Life: 319
Mana: 359

(res equipment)
Str: 92
Mag: 93
Dex: 291
Vit: 122
AC: 251
CTH: 195%
Dam: 82-109
ResM: MAX
ResF: MAX
ResL: MAX
Life: 250
Mana: 233

, and I'm considering a Savage (124%) LWB of Lightning (Thunder possibly?) vs. my current bow, a Savage (112%) LWB of the Heavens (+13). By now I'm guessing that my current bow is way better.

And yes, I know that it's basically unimportant because 'rogues are so uber-elite anyway', and 'why don't I use a cursed bow to make it more interesting - I must be a wimp...'. Let's not get there.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.

Messages In This Thread
quick question: elemental damage (bug) - by Fragbait - 11-17-2005, 01:01 PM
quick question: elemental damage (bug) - by Sekel - 11-23-2005, 06:22 PM