A tidbit for the Germans in here
Greetings!

I'm currently working on a little project of mine, which I don't want to elaborate on right now. To my question:
Classes in Diablo are relatively easy to translate into German:

Warrior => Krieger.
Sorcerer => Zauberer (just seems more appropriate than Hexer).

But what about the...

Rogue => ???

It seems that, if translated literally, rogue means something along the lines of:
Schurke, Schalk, Schlingel; or, in another meaning: Landstreicher, Strauchdieb.

Now we know that in the Diablo™ story, rogues are archers from the order 'sisters of the sightless eye' (compare Diablo, Diablo II). How is that to be incorporated into the translation?
My best guess until I concerned myself with the word was: Bogenschützin, simply because that's what she does best (normally).
What I'm leaning towards at the moment is: Jägerin. That would come close to the translation I've heard in Diablo II, but yet we are speaking of Diablo classic.

I'm curious about your ideas.
It just occured to me that this might be adequate for the lounge also. Hm - maybe I'll post it there, too, in case this one doesn't return enough answers.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.

Messages In This Thread
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Fragbait - 11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Thecla - 12-01-2005, 01:10 AM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by danifilth - 12-01-2005, 11:23 AM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Jarulf - 12-01-2005, 12:56 PM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Alram - 12-01-2005, 10:12 PM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Jarulf - 12-01-2005, 10:15 PM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Alram - 12-02-2005, 04:33 PM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Lord_Olf - 12-03-2005, 08:01 AM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Fragbait - 12-03-2005, 10:58 AM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by danifilth - 12-06-2005, 01:44 PM
A tidbit for the Germans in here - by Fragbait - 12-07-2005, 10:18 AM