Spell cast-speeds in Diablo
I'm interested in cast times for certain spells; i.e., the time it takes for your avatar to complete the "casting" animation.

According to Jarulf's Guide, the higher a rogue's clevel, the faster their arrows fly according to this formula:
32 + (clvl-1)/4

AND (from the same source) at higher slevels, certain spells travel faster; for example, Holy Bolt according to this formula:
Speed: 16 + 2·slvl

And finally, there's this tidbit in JG in regards to Phasing:
"Note: * Due to being a non targeting spell, it is slightly faster than Teleport and it may thus be easier to escape with this spell than with Teleport."

Now I'm curious about this; in what way is Phasing 'faster than Teleport'? Is it because different spells have different cast times? If your cursor is already away from your character and you cast Teleport, will it take longer to complete the same slevel Teleport spell as compared to a Phasing spell because it (Teleport) has a slightly longer cast time? The statement in JG's seems to suggest so.

Two questions then:

#1.) Are there different "cast times" for different spells? (NOT different speeds that spells _travel_, THAT'S already known to be affected by slevel for a bunch of them.) What are the slowest spells as far as cast-animation times? The fastest?

#2.) If so above, then is this cast-animation time affected by either slevel or clevel? So you should be continually trying to upgrade slevels and/or clevel to try to bring down cast times? Which affects cast time more, slevel or clevel?

Anyone know or experimentally test and see a difference? Or simply know if game code shows a formula for casting speed?

Messages In This Thread
Spell cast-speeds in Diablo - by Attika - 12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Spell cast-speeds in Diablo - by the Langolier - 12-09-2005, 10:21 PM