Done for my fellow Hellfire players : Fully functional TCP/IP Multipla
Quote:What sort of "failure?" The only people I know who've had trouble which Hamach didn't have their firewalls configured properly.

Have you recently tried playing Hellfire using Hamachi?

I had a properly configured network on both ends, and the only results were being able to see each other's games through IPX/SPX, and when we attempted to join - the game would freeze for a little while and then display "Network connection failure".

Both computers had the IPX/SPX protocols installed via Networking Manager, and had DMZ enabled to the correct local addresses via Router firmware menus. DMZ hosting opens up all ports, so the 'firewall' should not have been a problem at all.

If you do not believe my results, please attempt to run Hellfire using Hamachi yourself, with a computer other than one on your Local Area Network.

Also: If you notice - you can use TCP/COM with Hamachi, check the screenshot. The IP Address begins with a 5.

Quote:Probably. It was free when I last used it, but that was around 2001.

http://www.kali.net/register.asp

Quote:Not to mention of course that it will fail for any game that doesn't allow serial connections.;)

True. :D Hamachi wins on that one.

Quote:I missed this the first time around:
You should be careful whom you call an idiot when you have no idea what you are talking about. It was Blizzard who demanded that Sierra remove the multiplayer option that they had implemented for Hellfire. Luckily for us, the development team did not remove it, they just removed the access to it.

Oh, in that case I should be thankful to Sierra and not yelling at them.. But I'm still puzzled as to why Blizzard would want the expansion pack to be shipped without multiplayer.. :unsure:

Messages In This Thread
Done for my fellow Hellfire players : Fully functional TCP/IP Multipla - by DarkLegacy - 03-26-2007, 06:37 PM