Done for my fellow Hellfire players : Fully functional TCP/IP Multipla
Quote:I have tried using Hamachi with Diablo and Hellfire numerous times with numerous failures.
What sort of "failure?" The only people I know who've had trouble which Hamach didn't have their firewalls configured properly.

Quote:Kali requires a $20 membership fee to use it, I believe.
Probably. It was free when I last used it, but that was around 2001.

Quote:Not to mention that TCP/COM works on virtually all old games, some of which don't even have Lan support such as Red Alert 2.
Not to mention of course that it will fail for any game that doesn't allow serial connections.;)

I missed this the first time around:

Quote:This option was hidden by the developers since it was considered "beta" and not ready to be shown to the public. Blizzard perfected that system with Battle.net, if anything it should be a PATCH to their networking system. Idiots.
You should be careful whom you call an idiot when you have no idea what you are talking about. It was Blizzard who demanded that Sierra remove the multiplayer option that they had implemented for Hellfire. Luckily for us, the development team did not remove it, they just removed the access to it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
Done for my fellow Hellfire players : Fully functional TCP/IP Multipla - by LennyLen - 03-26-2007, 12:56 PM