Strafe
I decided to try out my old build, but I did keep your FA build close to my heart. As a matter of fact, it's the very next build I will attempt. Currently, my zon is level 62 and is able to clear Chaos Sanctuary in Nightmare by herself very quickly; most enemies die in 2-hits or less with 2ppl in the game. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Lycanders Aim, but before then I was using a Skystrike and while I could kill, it did take awhile.

Quote:Oh, and FA (the main arrow) does leech in 1.1x. Also Mana after each Kill is a property much underrated for for part-time-Magezons.

Humm, this is very interesting. Just the physical damage of the arrow itself, or all the damage caused by FA?

Quote:GA doesn't pierce anymore in 1.1x, so don't be surprised when old cheesemonger playing style won't suffice as good as back in 1.09. Also the targetting ability is nerfed greatly compared to 1.09.

Doesn't really bother me. I always throw up a Decoy towards the very edge of the screen and if a pack of monsters ran at it, multi-multi-multi until they were all dead, re-casting decoy as needed, but usually my Valk and Merc are adequate tanks. Stragglers (and bosses) get a nice little GA aimed at them to finish them off.

Quote:And one comment about D/A/E:
Dodge and especially Avoid will be a great nuisance while Strafing, since they interrupt your shooting serverside (game engine) despite showing your shooting client side (graphics). Well, you need them to get a proper Valk. Evade is great.

I don't care much for Strafe. I'm going Multi/GA. I've found the whole D/A/E to be extremely effective at saving me if baddies somehow get past my decoy, Valk, Merc, and hail of multi-arrows.

Quote:I would spare some points. For any decent bow besides WF and upped Buriza you need about 100 points strength, give and take some. A Hydra Bow must be either WF or a godly rare to be worth the strength. Believe me, I've played a 1.09 Bowie with a cruel Hydra, and she ended using a (unupped) Buriza in 1.11, since the Hydra Bow has such a big min-max damage span. And I never was a speed freak. In the time you've needed to find a sufficient Hydra bow you also have stumbled over some +5 str charms, which you may keep. 20 stats spared until cLvl70 won't kill you, IMHO, even in HC. I'd rather spare some points than pushing str to 134 'just in case'.

Yes, I agree to a point, however I have always loved speed over high damage. Back in 1.04 I used a rare double-bow and achieved (if memory serves me) a 6-FPS attack. The damage per shot was minimal, but the attack speed was so quick that the overall damage was equal to, if not more than a high damage bow. My perfect setup will have me at 9-FPS with a good damage bow. In 1.09, shooting FA at that speed would completely drain your mana in less than 1-2 seconds.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Strafe - by Taem - 10-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Strafe - by librarian - 10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Strafe - by Taem - 10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Strafe - by librarian - 10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Strafe - by Taem - 10-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Strafe - by librarian - 10-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Strafe - by Taem - 01-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Strafe - by librarian - 01-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Strafe - by Archon_Wing - 01-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Strafe - by Taem - 08-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Strafe - by Archon_Wing - 08-10-2008, 08:24 AM