Well, after all these years, I'm playing again
Quote:They aren't actually that harsh though... more old school. A newbie who chooses a terrible stat or skill distribution in D2 could put his character at a greater disadvantage in the long term than one who hits every shrine and takes on a few black death. Press and hold attacks would have been a nice feature for sure. I would also add customizable keyboard controls, because the function keys are really not a great place for your most important game controls at all.

That's true about D2's stat\skill misplacement penalty, though if 1.13 comes out intact the re-spec ability might eliminate or at least eliviate that. (Eliviate it with extreme prejudice!111) I am definitely in the club that thinks re-spec is a long overdue fix for D2.

And yep, customizable hot keys are teh hotness. I have to give D2's team credit for improving the UI on that one.

Quote:Little things about Diablo made it interesting in ways that some of clones don't seem to be.

Yeah, there's a magic about D1 that no clones so far IMO, has ever captured.

Messages In This Thread
Well, after all these years, I'm playing again - by Hammerskjold - 12-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Well, after all these years, I'm playing again - by OldSchoolForLife - 12-31-2009, 05:01 PM