Just how much poison damage do they do?
Heiho,

Quote:Also, there seems to be a major increase in these guys poison damage whenever they hit you with a critcal melee attack that poisons you(the mummys/andariel). It may only double it like other monster critical hits, but it certainly seems to increase the duration as well.

from all what I've understoood about the code stuff Nefarius over at the Keep is publishing the Critical chance of monsters (!) indeed doubles their elemental damage assigned in MonStats (that is, _not_ their spell damage!)
Quote:BTW, in addition, in NM and hell there is an increase to the length of any poison you get hit by. I think it matches the penalty to resists, but not positive. This can be mitigated with -% poison length, but if you have none you can be poisoned for quite a long time indeed.

maybe this little table I've compiled some time ago is of help here. Note that it doesn't include the more PvP specific matters like stacking resistances in case you're encountering enemies with high ability to negate your resistances (eg, Conviction).
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB

Messages In This Thread
Just how much poison damage do they do? - by librarian - 11-21-2007, 08:30 PM