Attempting A New Enchantress Build
Quote:-Are you sure that putting points in Cold/Fire mastery would improve the elemental damage from Harmony? IIRC the masteries only synergize with Sorc-specific talents:o

Well, from what I've seen on the Character Screen (or LCS as it is usually referred), there is no difference, however in Mongo Jerry's guide A. Undocumented Game Features:

Quote:5. Sorceress elemental masteries affect the corresponding elemental damage delivered by equipment. So a sorceress with a level 20 Lightning Mastery, which gives a 278% bonus to lightning damage, who has a charm that does 1-20 lightning damage will actually do 4-76 lightning damage. Items that add fire damage to attacks will have their damage boosted by Fire Mastery and items that cause cold damage will receive the benefit of Cold Mastery's lower target's cold resist ability.

Quote:- Razortail would take care of the piercing problem, and some partial combinations from sets can give big boosts to IAS/ED.

Razor Tail provides 33% piercing only. The Kuku bow provides 50% pierce for a total of 83% and the Demon Machine provides 66% pierce for a maximum of 99% pierce on your exploding arrows.

Quote:-Have you thought about converting the Sorc into a thrower? Personally I'm all in favour of 3PD shields. Or how about converting her into a melee Sorc if you find the runes for Passion?

Thrower possibly for bosses, however the single attack format does not appeal to me unfortunately, and there are not any javelins with exploding properties on them for crowd control. Melee sorceresses are very difficult to play and require an insane amount of Dexterity for maximum block (something like 248 if memory serves me), however with the right gear, the melee enchantress can be one of the deadliest classes there is. I've heard of people getting the Beast runeword and turning a melee enchantress into a werebear and doing way over 10k+ damage; I'm all giddy at doing 3k damage, let alone 10k+. I have strayed away from the melee enchantress because of her huge dependence on items, of which I did not have when re-starting D2. If I made a melee enchantress, I'd attempt her like my old damage reduction sorceress and give her Guardian Angel for 90% resists, Azure Wrath sword for elemental multiplication, Storm Shield, String of Ears, Vampire Gaze, and lots of elemental charms. I'd also max out Chilling Armor and the rest into Light and Cold Mastery and get a Defiance merc. But I will not even attempt this build until I find these items, and the likelihood of that with the few hours I get to play lately is practically nil.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Taem - 12-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Taem - 12-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Taem - 01-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Assur - 01-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Taem - 01-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Assur - 01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Taem - 01-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Assur - 01-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Taem - 01-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Taem - 01-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Attempting A New Enchantress Build - by Exalt- - 07-21-2008, 04:55 PM