Definitions
I am kind of confused about what "purist" means. I do not take items from other players, but I switch items between characters. I just recently looked at the glossary to find the definition of what my playing style is.

The DSF glossary gives the following definitions:

Player-Pure: "A playing style that involves using only items found or bought in games by the characters of a single player; that means you may swap legit items among various characters of your own, such as passing the great bow that your sorceror found to a rogue that you play. See: pure; Ultra-pure."

Pure: "A playing style that involves using only items found or bought in a game by that character; that means, you don't even swap legit items among various characters of your own, let alone with other players. See: Player Pure; Ultra-pure."

Purist: N/A

I always thought I was pure, but it seems I am not. I am player-pure. I used to think Purist meant you are what the DSF Glossary defines as pure. So I would call myself pure(not realizing the glossary already defined pure). Is the definition of purist actually what the DSF Glossary defines as "player-pure"? If so, then player-pure and purist are interchangeable. That would make me purist.

Messages In This Thread
Definitions - by GhastMaster - 04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Definitions - by --Pete - 04-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Definitions - by Nystul - 04-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Definitions - by GhastMaster - 04-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Definitions - by Alamara - 04-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Definitions - by Nystul - 04-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Definitions - by FireIceTalon - 04-30-2008, 03:52 PM