Is Backing-Up Chars Duping?
Quote:Nobody is forcing us, but the purpose of a forum is communication, so if you can make yourself more well understood, then all the better. It only takes a second or two to check if words are spelt correctly. And while there's no rule or law that says you have to, it's a matter of respect.

Point of the matter wasn't respect, I have no problems with using a spell checker had he had the curtiousy of using a polite tone. Pete made sure all his comments were snide and ignorant and I don't have any tolerence for it. And you know if I would have been the one to say he was a whiny twelve year old I would have been flamed for it like in the past, Pete however gets nothing, go figure.

Well, he is a curmudgeon, after all. And being old is a relative matter.
Oh, and I'm not just arguing for pete's sake (pun intended). Pete and I have had our differences in the past. Though, I'm old enough to have forgotten what they are, and he probably has too. But in this case I have to agree fully with his side of the matter. backing up because you feel you've taken on something too hard while you have other matters to attend to is... well, cheating.

As I explained, I was testing livibility of the character in that domain on that difficulty. Jarulf for example makes a 30th level character tests how much damage is done, gives his character 250 life is he now cheating? No, he's testing. It had nothing to do with my gameplay, I wasn't even defending myself. And I've talked to quite a few people, and most have found it not to be cheating. And I perfectly capable of retriveving my gear from powerful melee monsters, lure them away from your gear and head back, stone curse them as needed. With ranged attackers more difficult, and I sometimes die once or twice before getting 100% of my gear back but I do. When my website is up I will look into creating a video showing players that don't know how. I will as well look into a spell checker tomorrow.

Anyway, as I said before, closed for discussion. I don't care if you want to further debate the question of the poster in this thread its your right, just leave me out of it please.

Messages In This Thread
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by Rejections - 06-13-2008, 04:51 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by FireIceTalon - 06-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by LennyLen - 06-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-14-2008, 11:36 PM