How to connect to B.net ?
Quote:I have to say I'm not tech minded when it comes to computers I'm afraid , even "NAT" is beyond me :/

I'm wondering about this starcraft thing you are talking about , I am on XP and my daughter is on Vista , if I bought starcraft , could you guide me through what to do or would it be over complicated for the likes of us who never knew what computers were as a child:)

Wikipedia has a good article on NAT. I recommend reading it. My posts may be clearer once you know what it is. You still haven't told us what you're using to gate your access to the Internet. Please provide that information so we can check about the most economical solution. The device we want to know about is either your cable/DSL modem, or is situated between the modem and your computers. We need to know the brand and model information, since features can vary widely among models. If you have a link to an online version of the manual, that'd be helpful too.

Quote:Hi,
From what [vL]Kp said (and he knows infinitely more about these matters than do I), it seems that what you need to do is install StarCraft and update it (either by downloading and running a patch or logging onto b.net). Then copy the standard.snp file from the StarCraft directory to the Diablo directory. That should do it.

Exactly. The NAT solution is free, assuming the relevant device supports it. If not, what Pete describes is what I intended. Many folks here have multiple Blizzard games, so I thought you might already have a copy lying around. If you want to go that route, let me know and I'll retest it before you go out and buy a copy of Starcraft.

Messages In This Thread
How to connect to B.net ? - by Raven Vale - 07-17-2008, 01:06 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by --Pete - 07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by the Langolier - 07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by Raven Vale - 07-17-2008, 05:51 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by --Pete - 07-17-2008, 08:21 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by [vL]Kp - 07-19-2008, 02:38 AM
How to connect to B.net ? - by Raven Vale - 07-19-2008, 03:47 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by --Pete - 07-19-2008, 04:56 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by [vL]Kp - 07-19-2008, 05:57 PM