HF: Oil of Fortitude - How/when does the game determine the increase value?
After some further testing I eventually reached the desired increment. Here is how I did:

1: Have your inventory opened, containing the Oil of Fortitude and the item whose durability you want to increase.
2: Save your game.
3: Kill an enemy. Do not save your game, but use the oil: The "1st try value" of increment seems* to be random. If the desired increment isn't hit, reload and retry this step.

*I luckily reached the +50 increase on D15 after three or four tries whilst testing and decided to save my [Dur 145] Windforce, so I cannot tell if the increment really is random after killing the same enemy over and over again.

But there also are some other things you can do to change the "1st try value":

Right after opening a chest or destroying a barrel, a different increase is hit on the first try before reloading, but always the same value for the same chest/barrel.
It also seems that recharging a staff or selling an item to Griswold or Adria changes the "1st try value", but I could not test enough to be sure about it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HF: Oil of Fortitude - How/when does the game determine the increase value? - by Kunibert - 08-19-2018, 12:14 PM