Article: "How a Diablo expansion led to behind the scenes trouble"
https://www.polygon.com/features/2018/6/...es-trouble?

"One of Hellfire’s most convenient trappings, another quality-of-life improvement, is the Cornerstone of the World, a small, square chamber on the first floor of the Crypt that functions like a bank vault. Players can drop items on the Cornerstone’s floor, then load another character and retrieve them. Synergistic designed the Cornerstone as a more elegant method of sharing items between characters on a player’s hard drive. Before it, the only way to share was to start a session on Battle.net with the character in possession of an item, throw the item on the ground, then quickly log in with another character and join the same session to scoop it up. That approach was risky: A game session could expire if the player failed to log back in fast enough, or other players could enter the session and steal the item."

I remember doing that in Diablo II. However, Diablo 1 is client not server connection. I do not remember doing this. I did not think this was possible. Is that a goof by the author?

Great read!

Messages In This Thread
Article: "How a Diablo expansion led to behind the scenes trouble" - by GhastMaster - 07-02-2018, 04:22 AM