Star Control: Origins
Wow, that's fantastic news. An example of a bunch of people disagreeing, realizing that it's lose-lose to keep a fight going, agreeing to disagree, and move on. (And continue to make money instead of waste it, as the games can be sold again.)

I was a bit confused by the one line in that posting:

Stardock dropped all its alien name and character trademarks and all parties have dropped their oppositions to each other’s trademarks.

I'm guessing this meant Stardock's ownership (through the acquisition of the Star Control IP) of the original Star Control races. Even though Stardock decided to come up with all new races for Origins so as not to trample all over Fred and Paul, they still technically owned the original race trademarks. Or at least, they were arguing they did.

It wouldn't be fair for Stardock to be forced to give up trademarks for the race designs they created in Origins.

Someday I'll play this game when WoW doesn't suck up my life...
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Star Control: Origins - by Bolty - 06-12-2018, 01:00 AM
RE: Star Control: Origins - by Jester - 06-14-2018, 10:37 AM
RE: Star Control: Origins - by Jester - 06-20-2019, 10:10 PM
RE: Star Control: Origins - by Bolty - 06-21-2019, 04:44 AM
RE: Star Control: Origins - by Kevin - 09-24-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: Star Control: Origins - by Bolty - 01-11-2019, 05:30 AM