MyBattle [Diablo 2 Priv Server]
(04-25-2013, 08:21 PM)Bolty Wrote: I've edited the original post here to redact the directed URL. I'd like to know what the community's thoughts are now regarding private servers with differing rulesets now that Diablo II is a 10+ year old game.

Aside from the maphack thing, personally I don't see much problems. The maphack not so much out of OMG Legit Moral Outrage!!11, but personally more out of a practical issue. As in I wouldn't touch that thing because IIRC it's most likely loaded with virus, trojans, malware, and keyloggers galore. Even if it wasn't, didn't the creator wanted people to pay 5$ for the privelege of using his 'software' that may or may not be loaded with malware?

I play D1, HF:F, of which the file\was hosted here iirc. That was a mod, technically a mod of a mod. Tongue I also greatly enjoyed Nobbie's D2 classic mod, and iirc that was hosted here as well. I played and enjoyed the early release version of D2 Median that was mentioned on this site as well.

And if OP is talking about a private server, just IMO I don't see it being much different from people getting together on an agreed Mod ruleset\private game.

If there's any concern of it being a threat of OMG Haxxors cheaters from a mod server will ruin D2's Closed Realm Ladder...well IMO that horse has safely sailed by, a long time ago.

At least that's my .02$ on it, Is there great harm that I missed, if you say put up a disclaimer of 'proceed at your own risk, The following views and mods you see do not necessarily reflect the views of this station and ownership'?

Though I certainly understand if you don't want the potential mess of people blaming the site because they clicked on a Bonzi Buddy link that was in a 'shifty' d2 mod URL or something.

Messages In This Thread
Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Cosxi - 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Bolty - 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Hammerskjold - 04-26-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Taem - 05-02-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Taem - 05-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Mybattle Diablo 2 Private Server - by nyne - 06-08-2013, 02:39 AM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Bolty - 06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
MyBattle [Diablo 2 Priv Server] - by Fogeeno - 10-22-2016, 07:04 PM